.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drexel CoAS E-Learning Subscribe with Bloglines Drexel CoAS E-Learning Podcast

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Orgo Lectures on Drexel Island

We met with the librarians today and Beth gave them movie screens that play on Second Life. I also got to put a few of my lectures from CHEM241, introductory organic chemistry in the chemistry area.

Since I already have a blog used for vodcasting with files in m4v format, all I had to do is put links to those files in Second Life. The screen is placed between the quiz obelisks on the left and the UsefulChem project on the right. Although it is more convenient to view lectures from the vodcast or blog because they can be paused or rewinded there, one of the objectives here is to show prospective students what Drexel is all about. For organic chemistry, they can now sample testing, lectures and research on Drexel Island.

Visit here: slurl.

Also Beth gave me a helicopter and I found that the rabbits make good chairs :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License