.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drexel CoAS E-Learning Subscribe with Bloglines Drexel CoAS E-Learning Podcast

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Drexel Island is Live on Second Life!

The Drexel Island on Second Life is now live and open to the public (slurl).

There is not much on there right now except for a building with signs for the College of Arts and Sciences and the Drexel Libraries. Jane Bryan from the libraries was brave enough to jump in and contribute half the cost with CoAS.

Beth and Eloise were kind enough to help put this together along with some whiteboards where we'll be adding info. There are also obelisks where we can run quizzes on any topic.

And there are dragons! One of my students stopped by and took a ride with one of them. In case you don't know, Mario the dragon is Drexel's mascot. Beth helped me paint him gold.

If anyone wants to help us add content let me know and I'll send along an invite to the Drexel group. My in-world name is Horace Moody. If you have already met me there, note that I may be looking somewhat more feline than before.

Of course, I'll be reporting on who gets involved and what kind of projects are explored. Now to recruit some faculty....


7 Comments:

  • Hey cool! We're building an island this summer. We should build a bridge between the two!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:55 PM  

  • Absolutely Laura! It would be nice to have another connection with the Bryn Mawr folks. If you or Michelle would like to experiment a little before getting your island just let me now.

    By Blogger Jean-Claude Bradley, at 4:47 AM  

  • any bioinformatics positions opening up soon ? :)

    By Blogger Pedro Beltrao, at 6:12 AM  

  • Please, please, please get the Goodwin College online folks onboard, so I can finish up my CAT degree in SL! Right now my school time is threatening to seriously cut into my SL time.

    By Blogger jenn, at 7:46 AM  

  • Pedro
    Do you mean faculty or postdoc positions at Drexel in bioinformatics? Our chemistry department just hired 2 more faculty - if somebody had applied with a chem/bioinformatics research area I certainly would have brought it up in discussions. We'll be hiring again in the next few years.

    By Blogger Jean-Claude Bradley, at 8:23 AM  

  • Jennifer,
    Email me if you want to build something on Drexel Island. We're open to having more colleges participate.

    By Blogger Jean-Claude Bradley, at 8:25 AM  

  • I was talking about the island. The way you were describing it, sounded like you were building a virtual campus :).

    By Blogger Pedro Beltrao, at 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License