.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drexel CoAS E-Learning Subscribe with Bloglines Drexel CoAS E-Learning Podcast

Saturday, April 21, 2007

UsefulChem and Skateboarding

I just came across Karl Bailey's blog, a chemistry teacher at Clark College who happens to teach virtually the same 3 organic chemistry classes that I do, in the same sequence following the Wade book. Clark has a quarter system like Drexel.

But what really caught my attention was his mention of UsefulChem and the image of skateboarders he used on the post. What a great representation of Open Source Science, at least the way that many of my friends and I conceive of it. I also get the same vibe from many of the young people that see me after I speak on the topic.

I suppose it represents a form of rebellion from the status quo, but not without standards for competence and dedication. Without that rebellion is just cynicism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License