.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drexel CoAS E-Learning Subscribe with Bloglines Drexel CoAS E-Learning Podcast

Monday, December 11, 2006

YouTube Peer Review

As I mentioned last week, I have started to use YouTube to post brief solutions to organic chemistry problems. This is convenient on many levels, including a nice built in mechanism to accept comments.

This morning someone commented on my Wittig synthesis post, pointing out that the name should be pronounced as a "V" instead of the "W" I was using. That is an interesting point and I'll poll my fellow chemistry colleagues to see how they learned it. Chemistry is usually tested in written format and I know from my interaction with students in workshops that chemistry terms and names are mangled in every way possible. With all the German and Russian names in organic chemistry I will probably be corrected again as I put up more problem solutions.

Another nice feature of YouTube is the ability to easily post video responses. This should prove to be particularly useful for discussing chemistry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License