.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drexel CoAS E-Learning Subscribe with Bloglines Drexel CoAS E-Learning Podcast

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Orgo Quiz Questions on YouTube

YouTube automatically selects a frame in the middle of an uploaded video to use as the thumbnail image. People have been exploiting this recently by inserting "alluring" but irrelevant images in the middle of their clips to attract more views.

It occurred to me that one could use this feature to deliver quiz questions. I could record a screencast of the solution to a true/false problem then upload it on YouTube. I would just have to make sure that the intended problem appears exactly as I want in the middle of the clip. One could get the answer by watching and listening to my explanation or could fast forward to the end to see the answer.

The nice thing about this is that I can leverage the same 256 x 256 pixel bitmap images that I use in the EduFrag project and in the WebCT quizzes and tests for my organic chemistry classes.
I created an organic chemistry example on the E-2 elimination reaction (also see embedded below). I used Camtasia 4 to do this recording and uploaded to YouTube as an m4v file, which should play quite nicely on a video ipod.

Subscribe to the orgoquiz channel for more.

1 Comments:

  • Hey – since you’re a YouTuber, you might want to check this out… There’s a video company that’s recruiting
    YouTubers and if they like your stuff, (and they should) they will actually pay you when your video gets a hit.
    Here’s their link… www.flownetworkproductions.com/videorevenue.htm. It’s about time the people who make
    the videos get some of the money instead of it all going to YouTube!

    By Blogger BJ, at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License