.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drexel CoAS E-Learning Subscribe with Bloglines Drexel CoAS E-Learning Podcast

Monday, April 10, 2006

Educational Gaming Results from the WebCT conference

I finally got the vodcast/podcast uploaded from the talk I gave at the NorthEastern Regional WebCT Users meeting on March 30, 2006. Things piled up a bit with the start of the Drexel Spring Quarter last week at the same time as the teaching track of HigherEdBlogCon, which I was chairing. I really need to thank the conference organizer Dan Karleen for doing a lot of the heavy lifting in managing and posting the files, especially when he was short a few people.

Also, I met a few people that have been keeping me busy this past week. After my talk, Beth Ritter-Guth from Lehigh Carbon Community College got really serious about implementing these tools. She created a nice blog for her class, another for her thoughts and even created an Unreal Tournament (free version, no weapons) maze to teach grammar. She is now feverishly learning how to vodcast and I am sure her work will serve as a wonderful example of what can be done with technology in the humanities.

I consider that to be the most productive outcome of a conference: actual implementation. By focusing on technology configurations that are almost completely free and hosted, there is not much hindering educators who want to contribute to the evolution of our educational system from the bottom up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License