.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drexel CoAS E-Learning Subscribe with Bloglines Drexel CoAS E-Learning Podcast

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Automatic transcription set up

I managed to set up an ongoing account with CastingWords, where they will automatically transcribe my podcast as soon as the files show up on the RSS feed. They tell me I am their first customer to be set up like this so there may be a few kinks to work out. Right now it is taking several days to process the files.

My preference is to have the transcripts posted on a separate blog and linked back to the posts where the relevant podcast and screencast are located. That way I can supply an RSS feed to the transcripts and keep track of how people are finding the content using SiteMeter. It would be nice if CastingWords would directly post in the transcript blog so that I could completely outsource the transcription process but I have not been able to convince them yet. If there are any transcription services out there willing to do that let me know.

1 Comments:

  • I am currently building a transcription service that will be very flexible to meet needs of people just like yourself. Of course, we would need some form of audio via telephone line, podcast, website, taped audio, or other. If I can be of service to you, I will forward you our rates and 1800 number.

    Thank you,

    Yvonne Wrisbon
    Ravexy@yahoo.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License