.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drexel CoAS E-Learning Subscribe with Bloglines Drexel CoAS E-Learning Podcast

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Another case for Open Courseware

Every morning I check my SiteMeter log to see how people are finding my class blogs. For my chemistry classes, this usually results from a Google search for some chemical or chemical reaction. This morning I found a search query on MSN that beautifully encapsulates what I want my classes to answer:
"where can organic chemistry be used in the real world"

My CHEM 242 Organic Chemistry class was the first and fifth result for that search (at least for the moment).

It was also nice to see that that query was made from the country of Saint Lucia. That kind of connection would never have been made using the curently dominating hide-and-discard model of teaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License