.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drexel CoAS E-Learning Subscribe with Bloglines Drexel CoAS E-Learning Podcast

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

True Open Source Scholarship

I started a wiki for the EduFrag project earlier this week and that seems to be going well so far. I decided to write the first article about the project in the wiki as well. That means that the most current draft of the article can be found here. When we are done we'll send it to be published in a peer-reviewed journal, probably Innovate.

I am hoping that those involved in the educational gaming field will give us some feedback as the draft is being written. This way of publishing should have the advantage of absolute immediacy in communicating to the RSS fluent community while targeting the more traditional community at a later time through the peer-reviewed publication.

Of course, most journals will not publish articles that are "pre-printed" but some will and I will compile a list here.

This process should result in an even more rigorously scrutinized "peer-reviewed" document. I know that if my RSS feeds flag a wiki that lists examples of podcasting in higher education, I will add my organic chemistry classes as examples. I expect others to do the same in my wiki.

I'll report on how things develop in this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License