.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drexel CoAS E-Learning Subscribe with Bloglines Drexel CoAS E-Learning Podcast

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Villanova Talk on Technology and Students

I had the pleasure of presenting a talk on "Technology and Students - Mix, Match or Miss?" at the Villanova Teaching and Learning Strategies Symposium on May 13, 2010. Topics covered included screencasting, wikis, games and Second Life, with a particular focus on student response to these technologies.

My host, Carol Weiss, did a fantastic job of putting together a panel afterward with several students and myself to discuss educational technology with the Villanova faculty. Everyone seemed to genuinely want to find better ways of teaching and learning while expressing a healthy skepticism of new technologies. I agree that there is no panacea in this field but there are some tools that can be very useful for certain educational objectives. I tried to show them what kind of approaches have worked for me and how students have responded.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License