.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drexel CoAS E-Learning Subscribe with Bloglines Drexel CoAS E-Learning Podcast

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Education 2.0: Leveraging Collaborative Tools for Teaching

On March 25, 2010 I presented at the Drexel E-Learning 2.0 Conference on "Education 2.0: Leveraging Collaborative Tools for Teaching". It was an opportunity to update my slides with what I did and learned from the Chemical Information Retrieval course I taught over the Fall 2009 term.

I described using a wiki to organize course content and to allow students to contribute useful resources. Their assignments were also designed to be useful to other students in the class as well as to the general library and chemistry community.

I covered using wikis and other collaborative tools to mentor students doing laboratory research with Open Notebook Science. At the end I provided a quick overview of using games and Second Life for educational purposes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License