.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Drexel CoAS E-Learning Subscribe with Bloglines Drexel CoAS E-Learning Podcast

Thursday, October 05, 2006

SlideShare

I just came across SlideShare from Christina's LIS Rant. This is a free hosted service that allows you to embed your Powerpoint slides directly on your blog in a format that permits a quick click-through without leaving the blog or requiring Powerpoint.

The site also extracts text from the Powerpoint to create a transcript that is searchable.

Here is an example from my recent talk at ACS.

3 Comments:

  • Not to quibble, but the SlideShare url ends with .net, not .com (sorry!)

    I just started exploring ThinkFree Show, and it's a pretty full-featured web Java-based presentation application similar to Powerpoint. Creates presentations and plays them online. It seems you can also save your presentations for viewing in Microsoft Powerpoint. Still in beta, but shows some promise. It's kind of neat being able to update your presentation from any computer.
    At http://www.thinkfree.com/

    By Blogger Frank Fulchiero, at 4:08 PM  

  • Frank - thanks for the heads up - I usually check my links after I post but this one slipped through. I'll check out thinkfree - the ability to modify the presentation sounds nice.

    By Blogger Jean-Claude Bradley, at 4:49 PM  

  • Wish I had more time to look at all this stuff. I also just ran across a review of "Browser-based apps" in InfoWorld. Link Here.
    They seemed to like Zoho Show best for creating presentations on line, from a business standpoint.
    I think there is a real need for "Powerpoint-in-Web" tools, both for creation-editing and then final display.
    I would like to see the ability to import graphics in the presentation, and control over the pixel dimensions of the final show.
    More investigative work ahead!

    By Blogger Frank Fulchiero, at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License